Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Heck of a Day...

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day." - Jim Valvano

Holly and I had what might be our final rendezvous last week.  We did all three of those things and it was definitely a full day, even though it was really only about 4 hours.  The time passed way too quickly.  As I laid there with her, I told Holly that I felt like I was on death row, counting down the minutes until some awful finale that I didn't really want to face. 

Ok, so maybe that was a TAD dramatic :)  Anyway, she wrote about it here in a wonderful post on her blog: Goodbye For Now.  She told me later that she came away from our last meeting feeling "full" - full of satisfaction and love.  I did too.  It truly was a heck of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment